Wednesday, September 9, 2009

RocknRolla and Guy Ritchie

Just rented RocknRolla by Guy Ritchie and decided I want to write "The Next Guy Ritchie Film".

Can I call it that?

I also want to animate a Guy Ritchie synopsis using bumper cars to show how all the convoluted stories collide and connect.

So anyway, a review of sorts: The movie started sloooow for me. I had friends tell me to stick with it so I did. I picked up where I left off and finished it.

And it was good.

What was wrong with the first part for me? I guess I was looking for a main character to be interested in. And there wasn't one for me. I kept trying to make it One-Two's story. Or Archie's story. Or even Johnny Quid's story.

So that's what threw me off. That was my problem.

But the sequences were fascinating. The action was cool when the action started.

So I want to write "The Next Guy Ritchie Film" script.

Anyone want to write it with me? We could use Google Docs to write this thing. I have a situation and some characters in mind. But we could do something else.

Something crazy and complex and delicious and violent and sexy and visual and intelligent and silly.

....

No comments: